Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Smelling "rain fresh"

Today I pulled up to a neighborhood association planning meeting on my lunch hour and thought, “Shit. I still reek of smoke and bar from last night.”

I’m way past the point of caring about that where I work, but these people are my neighbors, for god’s sake. My part of the ‘hood needs way too much help for them to be thinking I’m a drunken sot who hangs out in bars all night. That’s only partially true, anyway. Last night, for instance, I only had 3 beers and was home by 1:30. I just had such a freaking great time at this show and was so keyed up that I couldn't fall asleep till 4 a.m. Thus, no shower this morning.

So, I rooted around in the Jeep floorboards and pulled out a can of Febreeze air freshener. Without giving it a second thought, I sprayed it on me like it was Aqua-Net and I was a beehive hairdo.

And then I went inside and started talking about crime and code enforcement and shit.

The fact that I even carry around a can of air freshener, much less that I’m willing to spray myself with it, may quite possibly be some kind of sign. I'll put that on my list of things to think about.

2 comments:

nora leona said...

I'm still on a Poltz high from the show. And I didn't even drink.

I couldn't sleep either. I finally got up at 3:30 and showered.

I was "rain fresh" but my slept-on-wet hair was sticking up in crazy ways. A pony tail holder and two bobby pins were no match for the hair chaos.

Kim said...

I have a big bottle of Febreeze I use to spray my hair after a night in the bars when I'm too tired to shower. I don't want my pillow to smell like smoke!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's 'breezy fresh!