Thursday, October 30, 2008

So this is how it's gonna be

Jerry, you asked "what's next?"

Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I think I got a pretty good clue Sunday morning.

I threw open the front door at 9:30 a.m. to greet the day in my cozy robe (thanks, Nora!) and sheepskin slippers from the State Fair, about half my hair back in a ponytail and the other half sticking out at crazy angles.

At that exact moment, Miss Adventure was walking up my front steps, looking like freaking Audrey Hepburn. She had a jacket for me on a hanger in one hand and copper-colored elbow-length gloves in the other. Her hair was pulled back in a stylish 'do, and she was wearing sunglasses, a black coat with a fur-trimmed collar that matched the gloves, a sequined skirt, black tights and the cutest damn pumps I've ever seen.

"Are you on your way to church?" I asked, knowing damn good and well Miss Adventure is as much of a godless heathen as I am.

"God no, I'm on my way home," she replied.

And so begins the Year(s) of Living Vicariously.





2 comments:

Miss Adventure said...

I'd never wear sunglasses to church. Don't be ridiculous.

Jerry in Texas said...

I'll be watching your every move.

But not in a stalker way.