Sunday, April 27, 2008

Family outing

Today the boys and I made our annual trek to the track for this fund-raiser, which is always fun not only because it completely wears out Big Head Dog and the Monster, but also because dogs of every size, shape, color and behavioral level show up for it. In short, I am guaranteed to NOT have the worst dogs in attendance.

This year was no exception, not that the Monster didn't try for the top Bad Dog spot. His attempts to hump every dog in sight were thwarted by the short leash. I forgot to tighten his collar beforehand though, to account for his skinnier neck now that he's lost his thick winter undercoat of fur. Twice he wiggled out of his collar and became a fugitive, but fortunately was caught both times before wreaking serious havoc or escaping to the nearby golf course.

On second thought, I kind of wish he would've stirred up a couple of foursomes.

As usual, the Monster was a big hit at every water stop for his pool antics. I guess it's time to bring out his own baby pool from winter storage in the garage.



Here are the boys nearing the finish line, with the famous pagoda at IMS in the background. Big Head Dog is just happy to be there, having been forced to skip last year because of his butt surgery. If you look closely, though, you'll see that the Monster has apparently just spotted a potential humpee, judging by his obvious excitement and the lecherous look on his face. If he could speak, I'm pretty sure he'd be saying, "That is a fine-looking ass on that bitch. Sure wish I could get me some of that...heh heh heh."

And this was going to be my Christmas card photo this year. How embarrassing.



Oh, and some freak didn't get the memo and brought some sort of miniature equine. The damn thing is wearing shoes AND a hat, for dog's sake! Here Big Head Dog is moving in to give the horse his condolences for being made to look a fool. Or maybe just to sniff its butt.


Crazy Cat Lady, Lizzie and I finished off the afternoon by consuming far more calories at Mug N Bun than we burned off walking 2.5 miles, then the boys and I came home and slept it off. The boys and I are happy, sleepy, and in dire need of baths and some grooming.

2 comments:

nora leona said...

This is the only time I ever wish I had a dog. Then I get over it.

Miss Adventure said...

You're more than welcomed to mine next year. Although, I'm pretty sure she would be the worst dog there!