Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A guy walks into a bar...

A good shouting match just ended in the neighbor's back yard. I couldn't catch all of it--that's the bad thing about arguments, multiple people tend to all talk at once. Plus, all the windows were closed, so it took me a while to figure out that the best place to listen was at the back of the house, lights out, window cracked enough to stick my head through.

What I finally got, though, was that the beau of one of the Crazy Sisters came home late. And really drunk. Once D got Crazy Sister in the house, I heard him pleading his case to the guy who's been over there painting.

Apparently he was out with a buddy and kept telling him he couldn't hang out all night. The buddy took him somewhere, and at that point, according to Drunken Beau, "I said, man, I can't leave you here, this is the ghetto hood! I ain't gonna do ya like that!"

In other words, his excuse for late drunkenness, or drunken lateness, whichever, was that he was in too bad of a neighborhood to leave, so he had to stay there and drink.

I've heard worse excuses. Maybe even made them.

No comments: