Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If you want something done right...

So the loser I hired to "hit" the graffiti tags on the sidewalk reported back to me today. He stopped by Sunday morning, but forgot the friggin spray paint, so he went back home, then he got a phone call, and by the time he got back around to it it was mid-afternoon and he figured the thugs would be out, blah blah blah.

Now he's out of town for two days.

For fuck's sake, can it really be that hard to hire good help? It's a 10-minute job! All you need is a car, and a can of spray paint, and he couldn't get his shit together enough to get both of those things in the same place at the same time??!! I weep for the future of America! Jesus!

On the bright side, I was outside sowing grass seed (the legal kind) in the front yard when a car screeched to a halt in front of my house and a fuh-laming gay man jumped out waving frantically (or maybe it just seemed frantic because of the lack of wrist muscles) at me. He wanted to know how I like the neighborhood because he's *this* close to buying a renovated bungalow down the block.

Well.

Omigod, I LOVE it! I've been here 6 years and the neighbors are all WONDERFUL! There's this teensy weensy little problem down the street but we're working on taking care of that and it'll be gone soon enough and everything will go back to being right as rain!! It's a fabulous investment and, ha ha, oh yes, people told me not to move this far south, too, they're so silly!!

Ahem.

Yay! The gays are coming to my block! Finally! I've been waiting for this moment for 6 long years!

No comments: