Sunday, January 13, 2008

A note about proper training

OK, I've spent the entire weekend recovering from a serious case of Barstool Back.

You know! It's like Tennis Elbow, only different. As so many people do at the beginning of the year, I did not seek the advice of my doctor before jumping into a strict regimen, and I overdid it.

Tuesday, the red metal-framed chairs of the Red Key. Wednesday, hard wooden barstools at Alley Cat and OPT. Thursday, there was a twinge in my lower back every time I rose from a seated position, and my hamstrings were sore. But does Peyton Manning leave the game every time he's a little sore? Hell no! I kept going. I'm a trooper!

Thursday evening, another hard wooden barstool, this time at Locals Only. Then Friday, the playoffs--Daddy Jack's, the Vogue, and the Pawn Shop.

Much like the Colts, I got my ass kicked. On the bright side, it's been a good weekend to stay home and do nothing.

1 comment:

nora leona said...

If only I didn't know what you were talking about.