Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thank you, may I have another!?

By 9 a.m. today, here's how my day had gone:

1) I weighed myself for the first time in months. It was alarming and dangerously close to a number where I begin thinking of myself in terms of "old fat woman" instead of "young hot sexy thang."

2) Upon attempting to exit my bathroom, the doorknob broke off in my hand. Thinking perhaps I'd somehow landed in a Three Stooges skit, I quickly turned around to see if a 2 X 4 was coming at my head. Then I pulled a MacGyver, using a plastic comb and a pair of scissors to escape from my own bathroom.

3) On my way to work, all the gauges on my Jeep quit working. I spent the rest of the drive wondering if it was worthwhile to try to get that fixed. I decided that if the "low gas" tone and light still worked, I could probably get by without the speedometer, tachometer, and battery, oil pressure and temperature gauges.

Inexplicably, I am in the best mood I've been in for weeks. I think it's because at least my day hasn't been boring.

1 comment:

nora leona said...

At least you ended the evening with some fun...