Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I didn’t even get a gift!


This was on the sidewalk in front of my house the day before Easter. Maybe somebody told the kid she had the holiday wrong and she threw down the card in disgust, or perhaps, as Big D suggested, the kids engaged in an argument about how no one really knows for sure when Jesus was born, and the card was lost in the shuffle.

Whatever the reason for the season, it was a really good day. It started with breakfast at noon with Heck of a Gal, her dad, and Big D. Then I ran out of gas, for maybe the first time since I was about 17.

I stopped by the ex’s sister’s house to say hello, then went home. Easter ended in the Greek (un)orthodox tradition, with a hot Greek man making me dinner and carving a black cherry-scented candle to resemble a phallus.

I’m still sorting through Austin pics. Until then, Happy Birday, Jesus.

No comments: