Saturday, March 1, 2008

overheard

I ended up in Broad Ripple tonight. I was sitting on my sofa, in my jammies, dicking around with my guitar and petting my dogs, when CK called and summoned me.

You know, when you're relatively sober in Broad Ripple at 2 a.m., you hear (and more important, can remember) some good stuff. To wit, the following conversation, as heard by me in the bathroom stall. And I am not making this up.

Girl #1: What was up with Lindsay, buying everybody all those drinks?

Girl #2: Oh, Lindsay... when we were in college her stepdad...

Girl #1: I'm 2 months pregnant.

Girl #2: You are not.

Girl #1: No, really, I am. I'm 2 months pregnant.

Girl #2: No you're not. If you were you wouldn't be drinking.

Girl #1: I'm drinking myself into oblivion.

Girl #2: When Lindsay and I were in college, her stepdad died...

Girl #1: Oh no!

And then I stopped paying attention, because really, who gives a shit about Lindsay and her stepdad after hearing that?

You know I stuck around to get a look at drunk pregnant girl. She stood next to me at the mirror and told me how she hated the highlights in her hair. I took out my lip gloss and put it on.

"Oh, that's my favorite lip gloss! I love that stuff! You know, if you put like 2 drops of clear nail polish in it, it like lasts a really long time!"

I'll bet it does.

I had to post this so that the next time I start thinking my life is kinda fucked up, I'll have some perspective.

No comments: