Friday, March 7, 2008

Word for the day

E-do (eee-doo)

The cyberspace equivalent of phone sex, characterized by increasingly steamy, detailed e-mail exchanges over a period of hours or days.

As in, "I've been e-doing this hot musician for a week, he's very good at painting a lyrical picture, if you know what I mean."

Origin: 2008, by Crazy Cat Lady ("Are you still e-doing him?")

Biggest advantages of e-doing someone: Unlike other forms of sex, you can safely e-do someone while at work, providing much-needed distraction throughout the day. Also, the participants need not be present at the same time. And, it lasts much longer.

Biggest disadvantages: The urge to drive/fly great distances to hook up with the e-doer; alternately, the urge to ask random men (i.e., waiters, store clerks, neighbors), “You, me, in the closet, now?”


1 comment:

Miss Adventure said...

Fantastic. I love it.

I came up with "beermuffs" a few years ago when this drunk guy at the Mousetrap sat down next to me and proceeded to talk my ear off about college hoops. (No idea what he was talking about.) I wish I had a pair of beermuffs with me to drown out the sound of his voice.

So, are you still? Hee hee.