Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Boot series

I love boots. But while I've had some noteworthy pairs of boots, I've never had a pair of really kick-ass, in-your-face, chock-full-o-attitude cowboy-type boots that I can wear damn near everywhere. Maybe I'm not sure I'm cool enough to pull them off.

So in Austin, I started looking at boots, what people were wearing and how they were wearing them. No better place for a boot study, I figure.
It started with Susan Cowsill's boots. "Now that," I thought, "is not only a great pair of boots, but a damn fine way to wear them, with patterned tights."


And then taking pictures of boots became a minor obsession. I walked into a couple of places that sell boots:


But I got intimidated pretty quickly by the price tags, plus got a little bit of a buzz off the leather smell, so I didn't stay long lest I start whipping out the credit cards. Then, I just started taking pictures of people's feet. Kinda like a voyeur version of Nora's foot series.








Yep, it's all about the attitude. (Although a musical instrument doesn't hurt, either.)

No comments: